Where can I find a list of the shows at Evita se Perron ?
Just pop onto the page that suits you best –
- The Medium range view, displayed on the home page
- A long range view is also available at – programme of all scheduled shows
- A Monthly Calendar view is also available at – Calendar view
A caveat about the Calendar view (no. 3). It is excellent on a PC or Laptop, but it does not display well on Mobile devices. Mobile devices work very well with the Upcoming events views adopted in the Medium range (no.1) and Long range (no.2) views. The rationale behind the decision to provide multiple views of Events is to ensure that PC users and Mobile users have a view that suits their device and preference.
How can I book for a show ?
- To book a show at Evita se Perron, please call Beryl on: 022 492 3930 or email her at email@example.com
- Tickets are not refundable in the event of a patron’s cancellation or non arrival.
Who is Evita Bezuidenhout ?
Evita Bezuidenhout, still regarded as the most famous white woman in South Africa, was born Evangelie Poggenpoel of humble Boer origins in the dusty Orange Free State town of Bethlehem on 28th September 1935. Read More>>
Who is Pieter-Dirk Uys ?
Closely associated with both the Space Theatre in Cape Town and Johannesburg’s Market Theatre during the 1970s and 1980s, he has written and performed 20 plays and over 30 revues and one-
Do you have a free newsletter for news and upcoming shows ?
Can I have directions from Cape Town to Evita se Perron ?
- Get on F W de Klerk Blvd/N1 in Foreshore from Christiaan Barnard St/M60 – 6 min (2.2 km)
- Follow R27 and R307 to Darling Main Street. Turn right into Stasie St. – 57 min (69.7 km)
- Follow Stasie to T Junction with Arcadia St. – 1 min (250 m)
How far is Evita se Perron from West Coast Towns ?
Here is a selection of distances. Please let us know what town you would like to be added to this list.
Is the restaurant fully licenced ?
Yes it is and the bar is well stocked. The menus and bar details are available here >
Are meals served during stage performances ?
No they are not. Patrons prefer that their enjoyment of the show is not affected by ambient noise or disturbance.
When was Evita se Perron established ?
After Pieter‑Dirk Uys had moved to Darling from Cape Town he became aware that the old station building in Arcadia Road was empty. The station had closed in the 1970s. When Uys, already settled in his house up the road, was asked if, to hold off the demolishers, he could perhaps use the building as a storeroom, the dormant idea of having his own theatre was rekindled in his imagination. And so, in 1996, the old station building stepped into the pages of the unique and became reincarnated as Evita se Perron. Inspired by the legends of Argentina´s Evita Peron and our own Evita Bezuidenhout, this was the ideal place for a theatre.
Besides, the word perron is Afrikaans for station platform!